Patient Visitation Rules
REVISED (MARCH 21, 2020) – Talking points for reception, administration and volunteers.
Please use the following points if you are asked about the change in visitation rules at our acute, community, long-term care and assisted-living sites:
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is working closely with the Ministry of Health to protect the health of everyone in B.C., including seniors living in long-term care homes.
- We are restricting all visitors to essential visits only.
- Essential visits include:
- Compassionate care (e.g. end of life, critical illness)
- Visits paramount to patient/client/resident care and well-being, such as assistance with feeding or mobility
- Existing registered volunteers providing services related to the above
- We hope you understand these new rules are in place to protect the health of our patients, clients, residents, staff and physicians.
- We will advise the public when these new rules are lifted.
- Please check our website for up-to-date information. www.vch.ca/covid19