Satellite Assessment Centres & Test Results
Satellite testing centres for all symptomatic employees and medical staff (including security, housekeeping, medical residents, medical students, contract providers and other support workers) have been or soon will be set up at sites listed below. Please bring your PHN and health authority ID.
VCH assessment centres will now accept signed requisitions from physicians and consider this as completed screening. Requisitions mean individuals have been screened and qualify for testing. Individuals should arrive at the assessment site with the signed requisition in hand.
The B.C. Centre for Disease Control has released updated COVID-19 testing guidelines.
As B.C.’s restart progresses and levels of interaction increase, early detection of any new COVID-19 cases is a critical element of the public health strategy for maintaining low levels of transmission in the province. Given this, the recommendation is to have a low threshold for testing symptomatic individuals for COVID-19 infection. The guidelines continue to stress that COVID-19 testing is not recommended for asymptomatic individuals, including asymptomatic pre-operative patients.
Read more about why we are not testing pre-operative asymptomatic patients and clients here.
Medical Staff Testing for COVID-19 as of August 5, 2020 (source) https://my.vch.ca/covid19/testing-staff
- City Centre Urgent Primary Care Centre (UPCC)
1290 Hornby Street, Vancouver
Monday to Saturday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Downtown Eastside
429 Alexander Street, Vancouver
Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed between 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m.)
- Advanced Parking Lot #9075 (W. 33rd Avenue and Heather Street)
700 block W. 33rd Avenue, entrance off W. 33rd Avenue near Heather Street
Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. This is a drive-up location only (no walk-ins), please do not enter Honoria Conway.
- REACH Urgent Primary Care Centre (UPCC)
1145 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
Book an appointment by calling 604-254-1354 and leaving a message with the required details as per the phone instructions. You will receive a call back to book your appointment time.
- Vancouver Community College, north parking lot #865
1155 E Broadway, Vancouver. Enter parking lot on 7th Avenue between Keith and Glen Drive.
Testing available for people aged 12 years or older.
Sunday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
*NOTE: There is no access to the site through the Vancouver Community College.
- Centennial Theatre parking lot
2300 Lonsdale, North Vancouver
Monday to Sunday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- North Vancouver Urgent & Primary Care Centre (UPCC)
221 West Esplanade, Suite 200, North Vancouver
Monday to Saturday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Sundays 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Richmond Assessment Centre, 6820 Gilbert Road (parking lot of the Richmond Tennis Club)
Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., statutory holidays & weekends, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Testing locations, frequently asked questions and additional informant is found at: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/about-covid-19/covid-19-testing
For information on the latest testing criteria, please see the full Physicians Update:
Sign up for my ehealth for COVID-19 test results
Looking to get your COVID-19 results as fast as possible? Sign up for a my ehealth account and you will receive your results in the most efficient way possible.
To set up a my ehealth account:
- Visit the my ehealth website
- Click “create an account”
- If you have difficulty doing this, please call the my ehealth support line at 604-658-2115.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE TESTING LAB DIRECTLY. THIS WILL NOT SPEED UP THE PROCESS.
Please do not work while sick!
To ensure the safety of our patients, clients, residents and each other, all health-care workers and medical staff should not be working if they are sick — even if your symptoms are minor (e.g. a cold). As of March 17, if you are a health-care worker or medical staff and feel sick, you should:
- Put on a mask
- Finish any essential services you are providing
- Get tested
- Go home
If you are a health-care provider or medical staff and feel sick at work, you should:
- Clean your hands and put on a mask
- Hand over essential services that you were providing
- Go to the Blusson Spinal Cord Centre and be assessed
- If you are assessed and require COVID-19 testing, be tested and go home. Remain at home, and await your COVID-19 test results which will take approximately 24 hours. Your results will be phoned to you or you may view them at ehealth if you already have an account.
- I tested COVID-19 positive
- Please await guidance from Public Health. Refer to the VCH website for the most up-to-date recommendations for self-isolation.
- I tested COVID-19 negative
- You may return to work when you are well enough (as you would for any other cold or flu situation)
- I tested COVID-19 positive