Recognition focus groups start May 31: sign up today!May 22, 2018
Are you interested in helping improve the way we recognize and reward YOU for the outstanding work you do? This is your opportunity to share your ideas on how we can make ‘Everyday Recognition’ a reality and create a better VCH!
Over 1,700 of you shared your voice through the organization-wide recognition survey. Overall, we heard that staff and physicians would most like to be recognized for providing exceptional client care and receive that recognition in-person by your direct supervisor, co-workers and patients/clients/residents and their families. In your own words, meaningful recognition means “making a difference” (the top theme that emerged), followed by “acknowledgement, appreciation and making an impact.”
Sign up for a focus group by May 25!
Now, our next step in redefining meaningful recognition is to hold focus groups with staff and physicians to create and implement new recognition programs. If you are interested in joining a focus group, please register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thurs, May 31, 1:30 – 3pm, VGH, Multipurpose Room at Paetzold Auditorium (main floor)
- Wed, June 6, 1:30 – 3pm, Richmond Hospital – Auditorium
- Mon, June 11, 1:30 – 3pm, Pacific Spirit Community Health Centre – Room 345, 2110 West 43rd Avenue, Vancouver
- Thurs, June 14, 7:00 – 8:30am, VGH, Lauener Room
In these focus groups, we will be gathering your innovative ideas and suggestions for:
- Making ‘Everyday Recognition’ a reality for all staff, physicians and volunteers at VCH
- Redesigning the Long Service program (honouring employees for years of service)
- Capturing the voice of our patients, clients and residents to recognize our staff, physicians and volunteers
Thank you for your ongoing participation!
Every time you share your voice and feedback, YOU are helping to lead the creation of a better VCH. Your input is so valuable and will be used to help shape future recognition programs. Your voice matters!