VGH ramp repair work begins Saturday, August 29August 27, 2020
From August 29 to September 11, temporary access changes will affect the ramp leading to the VGH main entrance in front of Jim Pattison Pavilion (JPP) and the West 12th Avenue parkade; this is due to concrete repair and repaving. Please see the attached PDF for a map of changes.
What to expect during ramp construction:
- Concrete repair will occur Sunday to Saturday between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. We appreciate that this will create noise and we appreciate your continued patience.
- The ramp towards the main entrance to JPP will be closed to all vehicle and pedestrian traffic during this time.
- Patient and visitor parking will not be available on the ramp.
- The Blackmore Pavilion entrance and ramp underpass will continue to be available for immediate patient pick up/drop off only. An additional greeter will be stationed at the Blackmore entrance during this time period.
- HandyDART and patient transport vehicles will access the Blackmore entrance for immediate patient pick up and drop off.
- Access to the West 12th Avenue parkade from the ramp will be unavailable during this time.
The Inter-Hospital Shuttle will be redirected temporarily to pick up and drop off in the parking spots adjacent to the main entrance of Willow Pavilion.
SN Patient Transport
SN Transport will be relocated to the parking spots between the Blackmore Pavilion back entrance and Segal Pavilion.
If you are driving to VGH:
- For your safety, please follow signage. Flaggers will be onsite to assist and direct traffic.
- Access to the 12th Avenue parkade will only be via Laurel Street.
- Please allow for extra time to find parking and/or drop off or pick up patients and visitors.
If you are walking or cycling:
- Pedestrian access from the VGH parkade to the hospital main entrance will be maintained at all times via the West 12th Avenue overpass.
- Cyclists will be able to access the bike cage beneath the ramp, next to the Disabilities Entrance.
- Both the Blackmore entrance and the main entrance to JPP will be open to patients and the public.
For questions or concerns, please contact Samuel McLeod, Senior Project Manager, at Samuel.McLeod@vch.ca or 778-828-7517.