Scholarships are available to specialist physicians and general practitioners who successfully complete leadership training activities approved by VCH.
The funding is provided by the Specialist Services Committee (SSC) and Shared Care Committee (SCC) to enhance the experience and outcomes of the Health Authority Systems Redesign initiative announced in May 2010.
Do I qualify for funding?
You qualify for funding if you meet any of the following criteria:
- If you are a specialist physician who is a certificant or fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, you can receive scholarship funding from the SSC.
- If you are a General Practitioner, with or without specialized training, you can receive scholarship funding from the SCC.
- You can receive up to $10,000 per fiscal year to cover tuition fees and the lowest reasonable cost of travel. You will be required to submit your receipts for reimbursement.
- You may be expected to participate in a scholarship program evaluation.
- Your time and compensation for attending training is excluded from funding.
- VCH must endorse your application prior to the final approval of the sub-committee.
- The maximum program funding of each committee is $250,000.
Retroactive applications & COVID-19 update:
As of April 1, 2020, the JCC will no longer be accepting retroactive applications. Previously, there used to be an allowance for one retroactive application per physician. However, the JCC has encountered many challenges with this process due to the strict Doctors of BC three-month reimbursement policy and guidelines
Please be advised that requests for online courses only will be accepted. The JCC has a temporary freeze on receiving or approving any in-person leadership scholarship applications due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to apply
Visit the Specialist Services Committee’s Leadership Training Scholarship page to learn additional information on the scholarship.
For additional details on this program and its criteria, please feel free to visit the following respective websites: