Scholarships are available to specialist physicians and general practitioners who successfully complete leadership training activities approved by VCH.
The funding is provided by the Specialist Services Committee (SSC) and Shared Care Committee (SCC) to enhance the experience and outcomes of the Health Authority Systems Redesign initiative announced in May 2010.
Do I qualify for funding?
You qualify for funding if you meet any of the following criteria:
- If you are a specialist physician who is a certificant or fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, you can receive scholarship funding from the SSC.
- If you are a General Practitioner, with or without specialized training, you can receive scholarship funding from the SCC.
- You can receive up to $10,000 to cover tuition fees and the lowest reasonable cost of travel. You will be required to submit your receipts for reimbursement.
- You may be expected to participate in a scholarship program evaluation.
- Your time and compensation for attending training is excluded from funding.
- VCH must endorse your application prior to the final approval of the sub-committee.
- The maximum program funding of each committee is $250,000.
How to apply
Submit your completed SSC Scholarship Application form to the Vice President of Medicine for endorsement c/o Wendy.Lo@vch.ca. Endorsed applications will be submitted to the sub-committee for funding approval.
Visit the Specialist Services Committee’s Leadership Training Scholarship page to learn additional information on the scholarship.