UpToDate – now accessible at VCH/PHC
We are pleased to announce that Vancouver Coastal Health has purchased a VCH/PHC wide four year subscription to UpToDate®, the evidence-based clinical decision support tool designed to provide actionable information to physicians at the point-of-care.
- Evidence-based medical content that is researched, created, and continually updated by over 6,500 leading physicians
- Summaries and treatment recommendations for over 10,500 topics in 25 specialties
- “Practice Changing UpDates” highlighting critical research that changes how you treat patients
- “What’s New” summaries of important new findings by specialty
- Over 440,000 references, with links to PubMed and the full-text articles where our subscriptions permit
- Medical calculators
- Patient information covering over 1,500 topics
- A select drug database of more than 5,800 unique drug entries (in partnership with Lexicomp®) and a drug interactions tool that provides graded adverse reaction information between drug-to-drug and drug-to-herb interactions.
- CME credits
You can access UpToDate from any hospital or clinic computer by clicking on the UpToDate link found under the Clinical tab on the VCH Connect intranet site or by visiting www.uptodate.com/online from any VCH computer (no user name or password is required).
You can access UpToDate from your home computer or smart phone/device by:
- Visiting uptodate.com/online from any VCH computer (no user name or password is required).
- Click the Log In/Register button in the upper right corner of the screen
- To register, complete all fields on the right side of the registration page and then click Submit Registration.
- Upon completion of the registration process, you will receive a confirmation email from UpToDate with instructions on downloading the Mobile App and/or using the website from your personal device.
If you would like to see a demonstration of this tool, please Click Here. If you are interested in any type of educational offering on this product please VCH Library Services at email@example.com
Since the trial for this product began, there have been over 45,000+ hits for information. It is hoped that this tool will be a helpful resource and support to you in providing safe, evidenced based care to your patients.
Additional information and registration details can be found in the following guides: