Vancouver Coastal Health and Providence Health Care are participating in Choosing Wisely Canada (CWC). CWC is a national campaign designed to promote conversations between providers and patients by helping both parties choose care that is supported by evidence, not duplicative of other tests or procedures already received, free from harm, and truly necessary.
The first initiative being rolled out across both organizations is Choosing Wisely: Medical Imaging.
Choosing Wisely, an initiative of the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) in the US was initiated in early 2012. Two years later, the initiative expanded to Canada. Since then, a number of medical specialty societies and community partners are participating in the campaign.
Are you and your colleagues implementing an initiative under Choosing Wisely Canada? If so, we’d love to hear about it and let others know about it. Please email a few details to Vivian Chan.
- What is the name of your initiative?
- Which of CWCs partner organization does your work fall under?
- Where is it being implemented?
- Who’s involved? What sites? What physicians?
- Where are you in the process and when will it be launched?
- How do you plan to measure the outcomes?