Physician Led Quality Improvement
Intake for 2019-2020 Advanced Training now open until Feb 15!
The VCH and PHC Physician-Led Quality Improvement initiative is a partnership between Vancouver Coastal Health, Providence Health Care, and the Specialist Services Committee (SSC) designed to address gaps in quality structures relating to physician participating in QI activities. These include funding, helping to build physician quality improvement (QI) expertise and leadership skills, and ensuring they have adequate technical supports. To learn more about the Physician Led Quality Improvement Initiative please click here.
Check out this short video featuring Dr. Vinay Dhingra, physician chair of the initiative.
Four Key Components of Physician-Led Quality Improvement
At VCH and PHC, the following components are being implemented to support physicians in their quality improvement (QI) efforts and to strengthen the culture within our physician community.
- Funding – for projects, training and sessionals
- Technical Support – including data analysts and QI advisors
- Quality Improvement Physician Advisors – offering mentoring and coaching
- Steering Committee – provides oversight
How you can get involved
Advanced QI Training and Project Support
PLQI provides sessional funding and an opportunity for VCH and PHC physicians for in-depth learning about quality improvement (QI) theory and tools, and an opportunity to conduct your own QI project. Physicians with any level of QI experience and training are eligible.
QI training topics include:
- Model for Improvement – plan do study act
- Ethics in QI
- Project management
- Considering Cause and Effect: Driver Diagrams, Ishikawa, 5Whys
- Human Side of Change – Stakeholder Engagement, Patients, Colleagues, Administration, Leadership, Public
- Data planning and testing Changes
- QI Communications
- Team Work & Communication
- Sustaining and Spreading Improvement
How do I apply?
1-day Quality Improvement training:
Physicians from VCH and PHC can sign up for an upcoming Physician Led QI training session to learn more about QI, begin developing a network of fellow QI champions and support staff, and begin working on their own QI projects. For more information please contact Amy Chang
- Wednesday February 6, 2019 (0800 to 1600 hrs) – FULL
- Wednesday March 6, 2019 (0800 to 1600 hrs)
Specialist Services Committee – http://www.sscbc.ca/