How it Works
The departments that adopted the physician practice enhancement program are:
- Emergency (2014)
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology (2014)
- Radiology (2014)
- Anesthesia (2016)
- Orthopedic Surgery (2016)
- Pediatrics (2016)
- Psychiatry (2016)
- Urology (2017)
- Ophthalmology (2017)
If you work in one of these departments, you will need to participate in the program in order to be reappointed (Article 5.7 QI Processes and Information, Medical Staff Rules VCH and PHC). However, your results will not be used to evaluate your privileges.
When your department adopts the program, you will receive an individual report that includes:
- Your clinical practice data, using metrics determined by your department.
- A year-to-year comparison and department summary – using aggregate, anonymous data – to show you how your peers are doing overall.
- Feedback* from self-identified medical colleagues, coworkers (e.g. nurses, techs) and patients. All feedback in the summary will be anonymous.
*Pilot of the Multisource Feedback process in fall 2016.
- See a sample report from a Department.
Your report will guide a confidential learning discussion between you and your site head at your regular one to one meeting.
Identifiable data will only be known to you, your site head and your department head.
Group performance – with anonymous individual data points – will be reviewed department-wide as part of overall improvement processes.