Project Scope & Objectives
We’ll transform UBCH into a hub for scheduled surgeries within VCH-Vancouver and enhance our inpatient clinical and support service spaces to provide best care over two phases of work funded by our VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation:
Phase 1: Laying the Foundation and Uniting the Sleep Disorders Program
- Relocate Volunteer Resources to Purdy Pavilion ground floor.
- Relocate Spiritual Care to Purdy Pavilion main floor, near the front entrance.
- Unite the Sleep Lab and Sleep Clinic on Purdy Pavilion ground floor.
- Upgrade Medical Device Reprocessing Department and OR equipment storage.
Phase 2: Inpatient Clinical Space
- Renovate Koerner Pavilion, 2nd floor, and relocate the Transitional Care Unit and Internal Medicine to this floor.
- Renovate Koerner Pavilion, 1st floor, to accommodate an expanded Surgery and a purpose-built eight-bed High Acuity Unit.
By optimizing UBC Hospital’s surgical capacity, and enhancing inpatient care and support service spaces, we’ll achieve our objectives:
- improve patient access to timely surgery and increase the number of scheduled cases completed within waitlist targets
- improve patient safety and quality outcomes
- support innovation and advanced education opportunities
- reduce inefficiencies and the wasted time and efforts that frustrate us daily
- position UBCH to accommodate future growth and technologies