VCH Photo ID – Access and Renewal
Lower Mainland Photo ID is the consolidation of Fraserhealth(FH), Providence Health Care(PHC), Provincial Health Services (PHSA), Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) photo ID departments
Are you wearing yours?
Please take the time to ensure that your photo ID is clearly worn and with you at all times. For identification purposes, staff must wear their Photo ID in a visible location at all times, while on healthcare property and when acting as a representative of a healthcare organization. If at any time you see suspicious individuals, for the safety of all, request to see identification.
Your photo ID also equates to a set of keys that provide access to the secure areas of your workplace. Please contact the Photo ID office (604-930-5442) if you misplace or lose your photo ID by filling in the Eform (please note that this link can only be accessed from a Health Organization computer).
Immediate deactivation of your badge will help prevent unauthorized persons from having access to the secure areas of your workplace.
When does it expire?
The expiry date should be listed on the back of your Photo ID badge along with details of the Photo ID Protocols.
Staff and Physicians are advised to check their Photo IDs for an expiration date. Staff and Physicians who currently carry Photo ID’s that do not display an expiry date are encouraged to have their ID updated/replaced to avoid Photo ID pass cards expiring without advanced notice.
Staff and Physicians are reminded that expired/old Photo IDs must be returned when a new Photo ID is obtained otherwise a fee will be charged.
How do I replace my Photo ID?
Staff and Physicians are asked to connect with their Department/Division Head, Executive Assistant or Medical Affairs team to order a new Photo ID.
Facts about your Photo ID:
- Multiple access can be coded on to one ID card. If you require extra access fill in the Eform and select “Access Only’. If you require a replacement badge and your picture is less than 5 years old, you do not need to have a new picture taken, as we can use the one on your existing badge. Fill in the eform and select ‘Replacement only’.
- In the event of a disaster, significant emergency or job action, your photo ID badge is required to obtain access to healthcare facilities.
- Photo IDs should be replaced if your name or job title changes; if your ID has become damaged or deteriorated; or if you’ve undergone a dramatic difference in appearance.
- Photo ID is the property of the issuing Health Organization and must be returned to the Photo ID office at the end of employment.
- Defacing, covering or altering information on your ID is prohibited.
- Your photo ID badge was designed specifically for your use, and is non-transferable.
Quick Reference Links:
For more information, please refer to the VCH Photo ID intranet page (please note that this link can only be accessed from a Health Organization computer), or choose from the following links below:
- Generic Card
- New ID
- Replacement Procedures
- Manager Information (Rebadging, Students, Volunteers, Generic, Schedules)
- Terms & Conditions
- Contact us